by Jo Ellen Bogart, illustrated by Barbara Reid
ISBN 9781443170086 PBK
36 Pages | Ages 3 to 8
See an excerpt
My grandma went a-travelling, said:"What would you have me bring?"
"Not much," said I,
"Just a piece of the sky,
and a hundred songs I can sing..." Grandma is taking a trip around the world, and she's bringing back wonderful gifts for everyone!
"... a cheerful and poignant evocation of the bond between the old and the young, and the special gifts of shared experience." —Today's Parent"Barbara Reid's plasticine art is absolutely magical... Jo Ellen Bogart's lyrical, rhyming text is full of love and wonder. — The London Free Press "A real delight." — The Vancouver Sun
- Winner, Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Illustrator's Award, 1995
- Short-listed, Dimensional Illustrators Award, 1995
- Short-listed, Mr. Christie's Book Award, 1995
- Short-listed, Ruth and Sylvia Schwartz Award, 1995
- Commended, Canadian Children's Book Centre, Our Choice, 1995
- Commended, IBBY International Honour List, Illustration, 1995
- Commended, Canadian Bookseller's Fall selections , 1994
- Commended, Canadian Materials Best of the Year list , 1994
- Arabic - Nahdet Misr
- Chinese Simplified - Huaxia
- Korean - Sakyejul
- Portuguese - Caramelo
- Spanish - Everest
- The best gifts, such as stories and experiences, are intangible!
- Focus on building community, in contrast to fueling consumerism.
- Celebrating 25 years in print!