Fox and Squirrel Help Out
by Ruth Ohi
ISBN 9781443163200 POB
32 Pages | Ages 3 to 8
See an excerpt
When a strange creature drops in out of the sky, Fox is immediately taken with the soft, sweet baby bat and rushes to take care of it. Squirrel is less sure about the intrusion. The squeaky stranger can't keep up with all their activities and doesn't seem impressed with their antics. Can Fox and Squirrel come together to figure out what Squeak needs?
Kids will be able to relate to both the frustration of having to accommodate someone with different needs (younger sibling, classmate, teammate, neighbour) and the triumphant feeling when a connection is made. The simple text and joyful art together deliver a heartwarming tale with a subtle but profound message about kindness, patience and celebrating one anothers' strengths and differences.
- Commended, Toronto Public Library First & Best Booklist, 2018
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Themes of friendship, empathy and acceptance are timely
- Kids love the continuing adventures of these irresistible characters, Squirrel and Fox.
- Ohi is one of Canada’s premier illustrators and writers for kids.
- The series has momentum – now at four titles!