Little Jack Horner, Live from the Corner
ISBN 9781443113786 Paperback
32 Pages | 8.03" x 9.99" | Ages 3 to 7
See an excerpt
A hilarious barnyard tale that plucks favourite characters from nursery rhymes and stirs them all together in one silly song!
Old MacDonald had a dog... didn't he? Shy Little Jack Horner steps out of the corner to sing for his friends — but Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary can't stop butting in to tell the real story!
Helaine Becker's witty text and Mike Boldt's quirky, dynamic illustrations are a perfect match in this lively romp that turns classic nursery rhymes on their heads! Full of familiar characters like Humpty Dumpty, Little Bo Peep, the Three Little Pigs, and Goosey Loosey, kids won't be able to resist giggling (and singing) along as Jack tries to remember who exactly was on Old MacDonald's farm!
Praise for Little Jack Horner, Live from the Corner:
"Helaine Becker's text sparkles with up-tempo wit and irreverence . . . Mike Boldt's detailed oil illustrations also offer plenty of laughs . . . This funny riff on familiar characters and songs hits all the right notes." —Quill & Quire
"With the witty dialogue and energetic illustrations, this is a great book for story time." —Resource Links
- Commended, Best Books for Kids and Teens, Canadian Children's Book Centre, 2013
- Commended, OLA Best Bets, 2013
- Commended, Resource Links, Best of the Year, 2013
- English (Australia) - Scholastic Australia
- English (NZ) - Scholastic New Zealand
- Kids love fractured fairy tales and nursery rhymes
- Becker is a best-selling author, known for her fun sense of humour
- Boldt is an illustrator to watch — his quirky, dynamic style is a perfect match for the witty text