ISBN 9781443142908 Paperback
ISBN 9781443142915 Hardcover
ISBN 9781443133135 Board book
32 Pages | 8.05" x 10.02" | Ages 2 to 5
See an excerpt
This adorable tale is now available in picture book format!
On the day Thea is mad at Mommy, she and her little brother Tate go for a walk around the block. They meet a snail, a skunk, a porcupine, and a gorilla, and get a hug from each one — but the hugs are slimy, smelly, poky and way too hard! It’s not until they get back to Mommy that both Tate and Thea get the best hug of all — a Mommy hug!
This gently affirming story from Robert Munsch is already a bestseller in board book format.
Praise for Hugs:
"Brimming with the silliness, imagination and exaggerated illustrations we've come to expect from this kid-lit dynamic duo, this board book original is a must for babies and toddlers." —Canadian Family
"Hugs is straightforward and sincere, and expressive illustrations by Martchenko support Munsch's text and add a touch of silliness... This original board book is much more satisfying than the revised board book versions that have previously produced, however. Format considerations aside, readers of all ages will enjoy reading this story and will likely agree that often what one really needs is a Mommy hug." —CM: Canadian Review of Materials
Praise for Robert Munsch and Michael Martchenko:
"Laurel and Hardy, Holmes and Watson, peanut butter and jam — some things just go better together. Robert Munsch and Michael Martchenko figured that out a number of years ago, and have been teaming up to produce silly, insanely popular books ever since." —Quill & Quire
- Chinese Simplified - Beijing Baby Cube
- French (N. Amer.) - Éditions Scholastic
- Italian - Editrice Il Castoro
- As a former daycare worker, Munsch understands preschoolers like no other author
- Authentic emotions are portrayed: every kid gets mad at Mommy… and every kid (and mommy) needs a hug!
- Trademark humour resounds in the latest by this best-selling team.
- Munsch has sold more than 70 MILLION books in North America, including his phenomenally popular Love You Forever.