Are you interested in expanding and strengthening your sales skills within a dynamic environment?
Scholastic Canada is one of the country's leading publishers and distributors of children's books in both official languages. For over 60 years Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joys of reading. We are looking to add a motivated Sales Representative to join our Trade Sales team. This position will report to the Indigo National Account Manager.
- Collaborate with the Indigo National Account Manager to help build and execute an overarching account strategy that meets the sales objects and corporate goals
- Sales leadership on specific categories within the account using a proactive, collaborative and positive approach
- Sales pre-planning, prepare sales materials including account grids, sales decks and presentations for all meetings and business reviews
- Analyze performance of new and evergreen product as well as promotional success using BNC Salesdata and internal systems; provide timely reports to key stakeholders
- Build relationships with internal and external partners to ensure great customer service
- Actively participate in internal sales conferences and sales strategy meetings; build product knowledge and provide market specific feedback
HOW YOU CAN FIT:
- Ready to join a fast-paced sales team in a rewarding industry
- 2-3 years of face-to-face sales experience preferably within the publishing industry
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to quickly switch gears and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of BNC Salesdata and Catalist
- Valid driver’s license is an asset
- A passion for children’s books is FUNdamental
- Some travel will be required along with occasional weekends and evenings.
SOME OF ThE BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation package
- Attractive corporate RRSP program
- Health and Dental Benefits after probationary period
- Employee discounts on scholastic merchandise!
Thank you for considering Scholastic Canada
If you are interested in the above position, please forward a copy of your resume including salary expectation, by March 9, 2018 to:
Human Resources Division