An opening exists in the Marketing Division for the position of Receptionist, reporting to the Office Manager.
- Cordially greet all customers, couriers and visitors at Reception, ensuring courteous service while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Handle all telephone inquiries and issues, from general to complex, to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Maintain front of house, feature showcase, reception desk, waiting area, meeting rooms and pantry area. Ensure all areas are always clean, neat and in good order.
- Assist in front of house meeting setup and cleanup – catering, dishes, etc.
- Responsible for online booking of Meeting Rooms.
- Maintain visitor sign-in/out log. Ensure all visitor badges are returned prior to the visitor leaving the premises.
- Generate a commercial invoice for all international courier shipments.
- Assist staff with courier waybills and label generation, as required.
- Generate paperwork for Iron Mountain weekly media archive delivery and pickup.
- Daily maintenance check of the Zoll defibrillator.
- Assist all departments, as required (readdressing of author mail, book reviews, data entry, special projects, etc.)
- Assist Office Manager, as required.
- Successful completion of secondary school education with a minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- Intermediate computer and keyboarding skills required (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. AS400 knowledge is an asset).
- Well-developed communication skills (both written and oral), excellent telephone manner, listening skills and organizational skills. Knowledge of French (both written and oral) is an asset.
- A genuine understanding of the principles of customer service.
- Reliability and punctuality are key components of this position.
- Work assignments are generally outlined although some judgment is required in order to establish priorities. Software training is provided for specific projects.
- Flexibility and ability to interact professionally with several departments within the company.
- Must be a team player, but also have the ability to work independently.
Interested applicants are to forward a copy of their resume with their salary expectations by January 4, 2019 to:
Human Resources Division